Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Coming out of the Closet

Why are people so afraid to talk about them? They're not naughty. Are you supposed to be embarrassed to have them? Is it because they have to do with butts? Let's be blunt. Hemorrhoids have been ruining my life.

It is something that people in wheelchairs have to worry about. In the very beginning of January, I started hurting so bad that I couldn’t even sit in my wheelchair. I had to lay flat bed. Two doctors visits and five surgeon visits later, I finally had surgery on March 10. It's been a long recovery, but I'm finally getting to the point that I can stay out of bed for most of the day.

By far it has been the most difficult time in my life other than when I broke my neck in January of 2007. I am a 33-year-old man. I have responsibilities. I have goals. I have a family that needs me. To be stuck in bed, lying flat on my back day after day for almost 3 months has been defeating. It's been exhausting. Many times, it has left me crying out to God, wondering if I will spend the rest of my life on my back.

It has been so much work for my wife. It has taken a toll on my kids. And it has made it impossible to do Realtime Church.

That has been the reason for the lack communication from Realtime. Many many needs have gone unanswered, I'm so sorry. The reality is, most of the time, I didn't even read the e-mails or messages for weeks or months.

We did have a hugely productive Christmas, and now we're gearing back up for a spring and summer.

So the lines are open. Let's keep turning social networking and technology on its ear to help people in crisis! Are you or someone you know experiencing a significant need? ! What’s going on?







_______________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so honest. God had you right where he wanted you. The request that went on that you didn't answer you left for other people to do and feel blessed. I put one on here for a need for a handicap van. It was so amazing how God answered it. We were looking for a cheap van for a lady in our bible study and God did better than that. This family is being given a brand new handicap van to take their 7 year old handicap child around. She really didn't believe God could do this and now is going to church with her family and really leaning on God. PRAISE GOD!

    ReplyDelete